SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Lifestyle | What I've learnt about clubbing in my twenties



Ask any of my friends and they'll tell you I'm not a 'going out out' person. At uni I definitely enjoyed going out every now and then for student nights, but if I was to choose I'd have gone with going to a house party or a bar. Now that I'm in my twenties my views of clubbing have changed yet again and my idea of a good evening is hanging out with my bf, Tom, going for a yummy meal and then binge watching something on Netflix (at the moment we're getting through A Series of Unfortunate Event).

However, a lot of my friends who are also in their twenties are still in their clubbing phase, it's a weird stage before being considered a 'proper adult' as some people are starting to settle down, whilst others are still in their uni mind-set and wanting to go 'out out'. So every now and then I get persuaded to slap on the make-up and go clubbing and here's what I've learnt!








Getting ready is the best part of the night (minus getting home and going to sleep)

This is something that even my friends who enjoy clubbing agree with! Like most things in life  (Xmas eve comes to mind) the excitement before hand is more enjoyable than the actual day! And getting ready to go out is 100% the same, you can chill, have a drink and play the music you actually want to hear..... it sounds so good, I advise just staying in!


Heels are a no!

No one dresses up in heels and a frock like we used to! Now you can get away with wearing jeans and trainers.


You'll still get ID'd

You may feel sophisticated and grown up but you'll get ID'd forever.


Everyone's so young

Now I look young, as we discovered above, but when you walk into a club, in a university town especially, it's crazy how young everyone looks and how uncomfortable it makes you feel seeing them all dancing and drinking. Go home children, it's way past your nap time!


You won't know any of the songs

Honestly, I just don't know any of the songs, even after listening to the UK hits on Spotify! If there's a cheese room you'll find me there jamming to Abba and Grease.


You'll hate paying £10 for entry but you'll pay £14 for a drink

I can't believe how much entry is these days, or maybe that's because now I'm back in London and my student days were spent in Bournemouth. But I'll happily go to a cool Instagrammable bar and spend more on one cocktail!


Bathrooms are the place to be for a confidence boost

If you're ever feeling a bit glum on a night out and just hoping your friends will want to leave soon then just head to the bathroom. Drunk girls are surprisingly nice to strangers and when they take a break from vomiting in the toilets they're projectile vomiting compliments left, right and centre!



Can you relate to any of these things I've learnt?








Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.