SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 3 February 2019

Lifestyle | Why I've given up coffee for green tea



I've always loved the smell of coffee but I'm not sure that I ever completely loved the taste so after my first step of swapping from caffeinated to decaf it wasn't too difficult to cut coffee out altogether. The only time I can see myself wanting a coffee now is when it gets hot again and all the yummy iced options come back. However, I have always found a link between drinking coffee and my anxiety reaching it's peak so it's probably best that I say no to the iced coffee drinks too! 


My hot drink of choice is now tea but not any tea, green tea and decaf when possible. 





I started drinking green tea after trying to swap my coffee to an english breakfast tea and realising that I didn't enjoy the taste of adding milk to my tea, but I also didn't like black english breakfast tea. My mum has always drunk green tea at home so that was the next option in my mind and after giving it a go I decided I actually liked the taste (thank goodness) and now I have 2/3 cups a day.





Benefits of Green tea

  • Boost your metabolism 
  • Kills bacteria -  improves dental health and lowers your risk of infection
  • Reduce blood pressure and cholesterol
  • If caffeinated gives you more stable energy throughout the day, unlike coffee
  • Filled with antioxidants 
  • Anti-inflammatory - reduce redness or swelling e.g. acne

It's also a great way for me to try and drink more water as I struggle just drinking tap water as it's not overly exciting. 

I've tried a few green teas now and my favourite is the Twinings decaffeinated tea bags, my least favourite is probably the tea pigs detox green tea as it has a strange aftertaste and a very strong scent!





Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.