SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 31 December 2017

Beauty | What's in my everyday make-up bag from 2017?


I decided last year to make a tradition on my blog that at the end of the year I'd photograph the make-up and make-up bag I had used most in the year and share it with you. I actually just read my post from 2016 and it's interesting to see the products I raved about then but have now swapped for something else and the few products which have remained.


Last years post; What's in my everyday make-up bag from 2016?




Base







In all of those many products the two which I also used last year are the Maybelline Anti-Age concealer and the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, so it looks like I've definitely decided which concealers I like! I've added in a moisturising primer and a mattifying primer into my daily routine and I've changed my foundation and setting powder to something with mattifying properties and a little more coverage. I've also noticed I've gone a shade darker in the foundation which I think still blends into my skin really well but gives me a healthy glow instead of being left ghostly white. I've also been spritzing my entire face with Mac Fix Plus which honestly I've been using just to finish it as I have my eye on the Urban Decay setting sprays!



Blush


For my blush I usually reach for Nars blush in Orgasm or Mac blush in Gingerly.

I didn't even include a blush last year and as you can see I am still not a huge wearer of it! However I think it helps to add some colour to my face and natural definition. The Nars blush is very sheer and adds a highlight to my cheeks, whilst the Mac blush defines and contours slightly creating a bronzed look.



Eyebrows


This year my brows have been given a lot of extra attention as I use Benefit Brow Zings palette, Eyelure Brow pencil, HD Brow pencil and Pixi brow tamer. 


Last year I was only using one product for my brow which I swore by, however, it was giving me a very harsh look and although I now use more I manage to create a natural look. Well as natural as drawing on your brows can be! The Benefit palette is great for creating the shape and then I tend to use a mix of the pencils to fill in the gaps. I've been using this brow tamer because I got it in a goody bag at an event but I think any clear brow tamer would work just as well!



Eyes


I've dipped in and out of different palettes but the one eye product I've kept going back to is the Laura Mercier Amythest stick eye colour. I then use the L'Oreal False Lash Superstar mascara and Eyeko eyeliner.

I do still use the single Mac pots which I featured last year but this year I've been all about doing my make-up quickly whilst being able to create interesting looks. This stick eyeshadow is so easy to pop on and blend, it makes an effortlessly smokey eye whilst staying on all day without creasing. I love huge lashes and this mascara is perfect for that, it's also a lot cheaper to the one I was loving last year! I've just gotten into winged eyeliner as I've found a trick of applying it perfectly quickly and this eyeko pen is easy to use and has good pigmentation.



Lips


On my lips I've been wearing Mac Velvet Teddy and Mac Brave.


Just like last year I've kept with Mac lipsticks and even kept with Velvet Teddy, however, I have added Brave which has a satin finish so is great for a subtle look. I love lipstick on other people but I am still not confident enough to wear it everyday as I always feel very conscious of it!


 Perfume


For the entire year I've been wearing 'Si' Giorgio Armani, I bought myself a bottle of it last Xmas and then got bought another for my birthday in May.

I still have the Jo Malone scent from last year but I feel like that's not me anymore and I love the scent of Si. I actually have another perfume on my wishlist which I am hoping to try out in the New Year but I'll definitely still be spritzing myself with Si.




Last but not least even my make-up bag has changed from a marble print to a clear bag with a fun unicorn print from Asos. 


So there we have it that's my everyday make-up bits and bobs from 2017, I shall make sure to do this again next year as it's been really interesting to me and hopefully for you too! I wish I had started doing these a long time ago.

Last years make-up resolution was to feel more confident to wear less base make-up and I've definitely conquered that. It was also to be more adventurous with eyeshadow, that's one I'll carry over to next year. The final one was to be able to use bronzer like a pro, I don't think I can do that still but I've definitely lost the desire to learn haha.

This years make-up resolutions are to wear more lipstick and feel confident whilst doing so and continue trying to wear less base make-up to help my skin improve.


If make-up was to have a yearly name this year would be:
Year of the glitter!



KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.