SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 30 December 2018

Lifestyle | What's in my everyday makeup bag from 2018?



It actually feels like yesterday that I was writing this exact post for 2017 and looking back at it my makeup bag has had a massive change this year! Also this is now my third year of writing this post, so it's officially a blog tradition!










Base

For my base I have still been using the Urban Decay de-slick primer and I am only on my second bottle! Then I am completely loving the It Cosmetics CC+ Cream, I think I am on my second of this too. Then for concealer I have been using the Maybelline Anti-Age concealer for under my eyes, Collection concealer for highlighting my brows and finally the Urban Decay all nighter concealer for spots. After for my fixing spray I have been loving the Urban Decay de-slick setting spray, it just works a dream and is a product I mentioned wanting to buy last year! Powder wise I've been using the Mac powder but I have moved up to the medium shade for a warmer look. For next year I'd like to try some of the Fenty beauty bits, especially their powder and foundation. 


Eyebrows

My eyebrows have completely changed thanks to a little visit to Mac - a lovely MUA there showed me how to fill in my brows and I'm so happy with how they look now. I have been using Mac pencil in Stylized,  Benefit high brow and Benefit gimme brow.






Eyes

This year I had a big clear out of my makeup and tried to get rid of random bits I've had for ages and that mainly consisted of eyeshadows. The only one I've been using this year is this amazing NYX palette which has all of the orange/gold/brown shades I just love to use! I have been loving using the brown as a liner.

For mascara I either use the Glossier one or Clinique high impact - the first creates a day time fluttery look and the latter a more dramatic false lash effect.

If I use a black liner I have been using the Kat von dee tattoo liner, it's got a defined thin nib which makes it really easy to make a neat line.


Highlight

This year I invested in a high-end highlight and I love it! I went for the Becca Cosmetics in Moonstone and it's just beautiful!


Lips

On my lips I've been using the Glossier balm and also their lipsticks, I've really enjoyed wearing more subtle lip colours and not something as heavy as a 'proper' lipstick. I think it gives a fresher and younger look.




I think I am now rather happy with my base and brows and just like last year, this year I'd like to try a bronzer - so that's still on my shopping list! I also want to try some more mattifying products which I can use throughout the day to keep my shine away, so stay tuned for some reviews soon.




If make-up was to have a yearly name this year would be:
  Year of the eyebrows!



KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.