SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 1 January 2017

Lifestyle/Beauty/ What's in my everyday make-up bag from 2016?



I've decided to create a tradition for my blog, at the end of each year I am going to round it off with a 'what's in my everyday make-up bag' from that year. The products I'll show you are my favourite discoveries from the year! It will be interesting to see in a few years time which products have survived the test of time and remained!




Archery Brow Pencil

This is my all time favourite and go to brow product! I've been using this for around two years now as it's super easy and quick to fill in my brows. The product also takes up minimum room in my make-up bag and is a fabulous colour match in 'Love is Blonde'.

Topshop Lip Contour Pencil

Contouring has definitely come into its own this year, I personally haven't jumped on the bandwagon of chiselled jaw lines and razer sharp cheek bones but I have enjoyed using this contour lip pencil. I can't say it actually adds anything to my lips shape but it's the perfect your lips but better colour and makes a great liner under lipsticks.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

This little number definitely does its rounds on blogs! It's an inexpensive, high coverage concealer with great longevity.

Vichy Dermablend Translucent Setting Powder

This beauty has lasted me the good part of half a year. It's what it says on the tin, a matte setting powder, however, it also has the added benefits of blurring imperfections.

Mac Lipstick in Mehr and Velvet Teddy

Two of Macs most sold lipsticks and my two all time favourites! Both are neutral shades which makes them really easy to wear. Mehr is more pink, whilst Velvet Teddy has a brown undertone. 

Maybelline Colour Drama

If I want a quick day time lip then I normally go for this Maybelline Colour Drama as it's so easy to apply due to it's crayon shape. It's also a lovely nude shade with a hint of peach which brightens up your face.

Mac Trolls Beauty Powder

In addition to amazing packaging this is works as a really subtle highlighter as it creates a delicate glitter when applied.

Jo Malone Perfume - Wood Sage and Sea Salt

The only reason I was first drawn to this perfume was because it said sea salt and I have a thing for sea salt chocolate! It doesn't smell anything like chocolate but it does have a fresh sea side scent and It's become my perfume of choice.

Clinique Mascara

A new find of mine this year through a freebie in a magazine! I then went on to buy it in full size as it's so great. It adds volume, length and it's true black.

Benefit Gimme Brow

Sometimes I feel like my brows need a little extra something so I lightly swipe over them with this brow mascara. It's sets them in place and adds a little more colour, it also only takes a few seconds.

Maybelline Anti-Age Under Eye Concealer

Another concealer which has become popular this beauty! It's great under eye coverage whilst managing to highlight.

Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation

This is the only foundation I've managed to sit nicely on my skin as it's become very dry recently. It's a gel whipped formula which makes it highly moisturising and easy to blend.


Mac Eyeshadows in Kid and Vanilla

Two very basic eyeshadows, just swipe Kid all over my lid and Vanilla on the inner corner and brow bone.. finito!

The Body Shop Bronzer

The newest edition to my make-up bag is this honey bronzer. My mum always comments how white I look once I've finished my make-up, so I decided to invest in a bronzer! I did my research and chose this one as it had lot's of shades to choose from (I picked the lightest), it's matter and finally because it doesn't make me look orange!





So there we have it, that's all my make-up favourites from the year! I hope you enjoyed this post and got some inspiration for make-up to add to you bag. My actual make-up bag is peeking in the corner and it's black and white marble print. 

Next year my make-up resolutions are to hopefully feel more confident to not wear base make-up all the time and to do some more exciting looks with my eye make-up instead! I'd also like to perfect the art of applying bronzer.



If make-up was to have a yearly name this year would be:
  Year of the Contour!



KEEP SMILING

2 comments :

  1. Velvet teddy has been my go-to lipstick this year too! Have you tried Whirl? It's a little bit browner but so flattering! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo no I haven't, thanks for the recommendation! I will make sure to swatch it next time I am in Mac! I love the brown shades :)

      Delete

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.