SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 28 December 2016

Beauty / Personalised Birchbox at Selfridges





I am sure most of you are aware of Birchbox and the concept of subscribing to a monthly beauty box. It's something I've wanted to do for ages but it's a little bit pricey for the time being, so when I saw that Birchbox was having a pop up stand in Selfridges, over the festive season,  I wanted to make sure that I popped in to take a look. 




There is a great stand in the beauty section (near Whsmith) and the girl who was working there, Molly, was great. It's really rare these days to find a positive and helpful shop assistant and she was both of those things! Sorry about the above image, the only one I had of the stand was a quick one on my phone for Instagram!

You start by choosing your box, there was a blue or silver box to choose from, then you could customise it with the name of the receiver or a message. Then you went around the table to choose the items you wanted in your box, this was cleverly split into sections so you couldn't just fill a box with lots of one item. The categories were  skincare, haircare, beauty, face care and two make-up, then each of these sections had a choice of 4 products to choose from.







On most of the sections I found that there was a clear winner of which product to pick, except I did take longer choosing the make-up products as could have happily had a few of them! I am not a hair person so I wasn't overly excited about that category but there were still good products to choose from. Last but not least I didn't like the non-beauty category as those choices were either the mirror, a hairband or a perfume sample as they'd run out of their fourth option and I wasn't overly excited about any of them. 


Products I chose for my box



Batiste Stylist XXL Volume Hairspray - 75ml - normally £4.29 for 200ml

OLEHENRIKSEN Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths - 10 cloths - normally £12 for 30 wipes

Polaar The Genuine Lapland Cream - 25ml - normally £22 for 50ml

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - 14.7ml - normally £29 for 50ml

Loc Eyeshadow  - 'Peachy Sheen' - Full Size

No Filter Birchbox Mirror


I managed to get a real good mix of products to try, including some lovely high end skincare bits. I will probably do a few reviews soon of my favourite bits, so far it's definitely the Polaar The Genuine Lapland Cream, I'd definitely purchase the large size of this. This box costs £15 and you choose your 6 products and customise the box. Online you are sent a random selection or products that suit your profile and the box costs £10 a month with £2.95 P&P and if you sign up for more months you save more money.


I hope you enjoyed this post and if you are interested in going up to Selfridges today (28th December) is the last day the pop up stand will be there. Otherwise they are of course available to order online HERE. Hopefully one day I'll be able to treat myself to this / ask for it as a birthday gift!!



KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.