SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 20 May 2018

LIFESTYLE | 5 steps to a stress free interview



Applying for a job isn't easy, you've spent ages writing your CV, perfecting your Linkdin and then days upon days scrolling through the internet followed by hours of applications. After what seems like years you've finally been invited to a job interview, so now it's time to start prepping and here's my advise.







Plan the Journey


The number one thing to do after being called for an interview is to check the journey! Make sure you know where you're meeting and that you can get there for the correct time.


Research the Company

This may sound like an obvious one but it's a good idea to research the company that you're applying for. You probably know a bit anyway as you obviously have an interest in them to have applied, but it never hurts to have a quick scroll through their website and see if there's anything important about them in the news recently. I don't think it's a good idea to learn their history off by heart as that will come across far to rehearsed and even a tad creepy!


Dress to impress

I am a great believer that your outfit can make or break your chances of gaining a job. This doesn't mean that you need to go out and buy a new outfit or be in this seasons clothes, but you need to dress professionally and look clean and tidy. Always dress for the fact you're going to an interview, it doesn't matter if this place of work allows jeans, you don't work there yet and you should dress smartly. I like to wear something I am comfortable in but also makes me memorable, I usually do this by adding a pop of colour with a shoe or a top. I'd also recommend carrying as little as possible so you're not balancing tons of things and trying to shake the interviewers hand.  


Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!

To an extent you can guess some of the questions which will be asked, check out this list of 10 most common interview questions HERE. You can have a think what your answers will be and have a few key words ready, I recommend that you DON'T rehearse your entire answers as it will be very obvious and you'll come across much more relaxed to reply in a chatty manner. One last thing, silence isn't a bad thing, if you get a question you weren't expecting just take a moment to think about your answer and then talk when you're ready to!


Think of some questions

Have a think before you go if there are any questions you'd want to ask, it's okay to have these jotted down. A few questions I like to know about companies when applying to work there are, how do they enjoy working there?, what will my hours be like? and is there progression within the company? 



So there are all my interview preparation tips! I hope you find them helpful and that they'll make your interview a stress free occasion!




KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.