SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Fashion / 11 Item Capsule Day Wardrobe ~ Feat/JackWills/Primark/Topshop/H&M



I've read so much about capsule wardrobes so I decided to shop my own clothes and choose what I think is a must have for a small but varied wardrobe for a day time look. Before I get into showing you the examples, I think a great way to start a capsule wardrobe is to pick a few staple colours to ensure you can mix and match all your clothes to make more outfit possibilities. My favourite colours to wear are navy blue and grey.



1. The Pinafore

As I've mentioned in a previous post about must have dresses, click HERE, a pinafore in your wardrobe means endless possibilities. You can wear any top or shift underneath and it creates all different looks. I also think you can change the outfit from smart to casual with the choice of tights or bare legs. I love my Primark one due to the shape, colour and buttons.



2. Jeans

Jeans are just a must have. I definitely think classic blue denim is needed, however a classic white and black jean too is a good addition to this wardrobe. Take your time to shop around and find what style fits you best and also what suits you the best. I personally love these skinny Jamie jeans from Topshop.



3. The white shirt & Funky Item

A great way of getting more from your capsule wardrobe is by making sure garments are multi-functional. A crisp white shirt, like this one from Topshop, is a great addition to wear with jeans. I also enjoy having something a little more fun and conversational to wear, when I feel like I want to be a bit more 'out there'. This is sleek and subtle enough until you turn around and it suddenly becomes a fun shirt.



4. The Casual Shirt

A little selection of casual shirts will save you on those days when you don't know what to wear. I picked this one up in Primark, I also recommend Ralph Lauren for a casual look but fantastic fit. I like to wear this shirt with a white vest underneath and not buttoned all the way to the top.



5. Pretty Summer Top

A delicate pretty Summery top is a must have for your wardrobe, when the sun shine you'll want a smart and trendy option to wear. This one is from Topshop, Jack Wills also have a good selection of similar styles.



6. Basic T

Basic T-Shirts are so easy to throw on with jeans or a pinafore. I like this one from Primark because it's a little more interesting than a completely plain one due to the extra strip of bias binding.



7. Turtle Neck

When winter comes round theirs nothing better than a warm polo neck. I found this one in Primark and also picked it up in navy, burgundy and black to cover all bases. They are definitely still in trend and are so easy to wear with anything and layer up.



8. Formal Top

I think a smart going out blouse is a great addition, something to throw on when you want to be that bit smarter in the day time. This pretty one is from H&M and ballerina fabric is my only print of choice!



9. Stripes

Stripes, stripes, stripes and more stripes. They never go out of style and immediately make your outfit look fashionable and put together, I don't know how they do this but they do! I love this one Primark due to the different stripes on the bodice and blouse.



10. Casual Day Winter Dress

The next two have been featured already in a previous post and I feel they are needed in a day wardrobe. Firstly a Winter dress which is comfy and can be worn to events, parties and work for your Winter months. This Jersey number is from Tophop and they seem to bring it out every Winter, so keep an eye out.



11. Summer Day Dress

Just like the Winter one you need a Summer option which you can rely on for multiple occasions. This Jack Wills dress is smart enough for work and pretty enough for parties.




I hope you enjoyed seeing my 11 piece capsule wardrobe and it's given you a few outfit ideas!



KEEP SMILING




Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.