SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 15 May 2016

Lifestyle / Finished University & Ballet Costume I made


Hello, I am back! I have now finished University. It's a crazy thought really and hasn't completely sunken in. I am in the process of writing all my university tips from applying to choosing and going to uni but thought it would be more relevant to post that later on in the year, when you shall be going through it all. So to round off my university life I thought I'd share my final major project with you all, so you can see what I was up to when I didn't manage to get my two weekly posts up. Do not fear I shall now be getting back on the blogging train!

So I've never mentioned on my blog before which university I went to, but as I have now left I shall! I went to the Arts University Bournemouth where I studied a BA (Hons) Costume and Performance Design. I took the making pathway which just means I sewed costumes instead of designing. In my other university posts I'll go into a lot more detail about the course, so keep tuned for that if you're interested! 

For my Final Major Project I decided to interpret a design by Desmond Heeley which was from the English National Ballets production of Coppelia. Since deciding that I wanted to become a costume maker I have wanted to learn to make tutus and finally my dream has come true! The below costume is worn by Swanhilda when she is pretending to be the doll named Coppelia in Act 2. The original design had hand painted flowers and leaves but I decided to hand embroider each rose and leaf as surface decoration is something I really enjoy doing.




Model - Laura Giselle Hardie. Make up Artist - Connie Frost. Photography - Sarah Fowell.



I hope that you like my creation and if you're interested in costume making or just like to have a nosey have a look at my following work social networking sites for more images.



Instagram - @sophiepearlcreates




KEEP SMILING




Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.