SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 8 November 2015

Review / Illamasqua Nail Varnish 'Fire Rose'




I found this little beauty amongst the chaos that is the beauty clearance shelves at TKMAXX reduced to £3 from a rather pricey £15. I've never tried any Illamasqua products before, If I am completely honest I find the shiny black interiors of the stores and heavily made up sales assistants rather intimidating, although their make up skills are enviable. I do every now and then had a little lookey on their website adding pricey products to my virtual basket before hitting the little cross in the corner to exit what would be debt until my death bed. So seeing a nail polish in such a beautiful colour, 'fire rose', was an incredibly exciting opportunity to try something!









Fire Rose Illamasqua Nail Varnish - £15 LINK




Firstly let's talk about the packaging, I love to square shaped bottle and how if you bought more they can fit side by side so compactly. I also really like the aesthetic of the black lid against the completely clear bottle so the colour shines through. This bottle hold 15ml of nail polish and yet doesn't look any bulkier than a Nail Inc bottle which holds 10ml.





I've used this polish non stop since purchasing it, I truly appreciate a high end nail polish after trying this. It applies so smoothly, in one coat my entire nail was covered with a beautiful pink sparkle and I only went back and did a second coat due to habit of having too! This colour was part of their Glamore collection, which also featured two other shades. It's super pigmented and chip resistant which is fantastic for anyone who doesn't want to always have to re do their pinkies!



I'd love to know if you've tried any of their products and in particular any of their nail varnishes from their core collection to see if they are as fantastic as this one.






KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.