SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Lifestyle / Windsor Outing






A few weeks ago on the one sunny day we had I popped to Windsor with my parents. I haven't been for ages and it's such a lovely town, I thought I'd share a few photographs from our day out! We had horrendous traffic on the way there and ended up parking in Eaton. I'm really pleased we did though as it's a lovely village, the whole of it seems to be owned by Eaton School, which looks like a mini Cambridge. It's also a very short walk, literally one street and bridge and you're in Windsor.







Entering Windsor there is a pretty river with ducks and boats you can hire or go on a boat tour but obviously knowing me and my family we bi-passed this, for the time being, and headed to the shops. They are all conveniently underneath this Windsor Royal Shopping arch which used to be the train station. There's a really impressive range of shops here, make sure to follow them through passed New Look and Topshop and there's another highstreet filled with even more shops!








Here they were handing out free chocolate milk, which the two children (my parents) picked up.






Flower hair band - Primark
T-shirt - Phase Eight
Pinafore - Topshop
Frilly White Socks - Primark
Black Sandals - Kickers
Bag - Cambridge Satchel Company



So Windsor is of course known for Windsor Castle, which is where the Queen resides. It's massive and I believe you can pay to go inside. The 'Long Walk' is at the back of the Castle and was a very pretty side of seeing the castle as wasn't as busy.









In the town we stopped for iced coffee at Huttons at Home, where's there a great range of gluten free cakes as well as drinks served in cool jar mugs, which automatically makes them taste better.









We ended the day with a little walk along the river and being brave about posing by the Swans. Then we all shared a little box of chips, yummy! It was such a lovely trip, definitely somewhere to go on a sunny day to really be able to enjoy it as most is outdoors. I did buy a few bits and next up shall be a little collective haul from this outing for you!






Let me know if you've been to Windsor and what you like?





KEEP SMILING





Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.