SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Lifestyle / Jane Austen To Do List





So you're probably aware of my love of Jane Austen and recently I did a post about my trip to Jane Austens house in Chawton, which you should definitely check out! I mentioned my 'Jane Austen To Do List' and a fellow Jane Austen lover tweeted me asking what else was in my list so I thought I'd share the answer with all of you! 





1. Jane Austen Centre, Bath   DONE

A little museum all about Austen and the Regency period

2. Jane Austen House, Chawton  DONE

Spent her last years here from 1809 - 1817

3. Winchester Cathedral, Winchester

This is where Austen is buried

4. No.10 Henrietta Street, Covent Garden

Austens brother, Henry, lived here and she too stayed whilst visiting in London.

5. The British Library, St.Pancras

To see the writing desk which Austen put on top of the round table in her house in Chawton.

6. 23 Hans place, Knightsbridge  DONE

The house Austen stayed in London twice in 1813 and once in 1815

7. Lyme Park, Cheshire

I missed seeing the huge statue of Mr. Darcy in the lake, but it may come back!

8. National Portrait Gallery, Trafalgar Square  DONE

Where the only drawing of Jane Austen, done by her sister Cassandra, is on display.




Let me know if there's anywhere related to Jane Austen I should take a visit to!





KEEP SMILING




Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.