SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 24 June 2018

Beauty | Skincare for oily and blemish prone skin



I have spent a small fortune on skincare as I am prone to spots and I try anything and everything to keep my skin calm and happy and I actually think I have now found some lovely products which are helping, so it's about time I updated you on what I've been using!



Face Wash



I love this Clearasil Rapid Action Scrub  which is tough enough to clean your pores and rid of any dead skin but also soft enough to be able to use twice everyday. I use Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser in the evening and I normally just use this on my chin and forehead.



Cleanser



I tried so many cleansers without noticing any difference so I made the decision to start using Apple Cyder Vinegar, I soak a cotton wool pad with water and then tip a small amount of this onto the pad. Apple Cyder Vinegar containing the mother is a natural antibacterial and has massively helped to clear up my chin acne because it keeps the area clean and infection clear! It does however stink and I don't know how anyone drinks it!


Face Mask



As most of my skincare is based around stripping my skin from oil and controlling my blemishes I do like to and have to give my skin an intense burst of hydration which I do with the Fresh Rose Face Mask, this is made with real rose petals which softens, smoothes and hydrates your skin. The rose petals also help to calm irritated skin. If I still am trying to control my spots then I use the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask which tightens and cleanses your pores.


Lips



This is a step that I definitely don't have the time or interest to do everyday but if I'm having a full out pamper evening then I'll use this Bubblegum lip scrub from Lush. My lip balm of choice at the moment is the Glossier Rose Balm dotcom which is so moisturising and has a subtle light pink tint.


Cream/Lotion



Last but not least I use Mario Badescu Drying Cream which is a God send! It has a bit of a medical scent but it's not offensive! You pop on the tiniest amount on your spots and over night they just dry up and go so quickly! Then for the rest of my face I apply a thin layer of Boots own traditional skin care cream which is a good old fashioned moisturiser!


There we are, let me know if you use any of these products and what you recommend!



KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.