SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Recipe / Dark Chocolate Salted Almonds







Seeing as Halloween is so soon and everyone's buying candy and chocolate from stores to hand out, I thought it was a good time to show this slightly healthier yummy snack. This is so easy I don't even think this counts as a recipe! This is a 'use what you have to make how ever much you want', as this recipe has no measurements... I know, very modern! How ever, there are a few ingredients needed, so let's roll the titles.








You will need sea salt, chocolate and almonds! It's not too extensive but I am going to be strict now! Don't be stingy on the chocolate. Get a good quality chocolate bar or cooking chocolate buttons not just the little chips, otherwise these won't taste as good as they could. As well as the ingredients you shall need a plate, bowl, grease proof paper and two spoons.





  1. Prepare a large flat plate by covering the surface with grease proof baking paper.
  2. Break your chocolate up into little pieces and place in a microwavable bowl. Cook in the microwave until melted but be careful not to burn the chocolate. I did 40 seconds at a time and stirred in between and I think overall this took 4 times until all the chocolate was melted.
  3. Now place a handful of almonds,at a time, into the bowl of chocolate and using two spoons coat them in chocolate, pick them up and place onto your prepared plate.
  4. Sprinkle with a light coating of salt for that extra va va voom.
  5. Put into the fridge for a good hour to make sure they set.
  6. They can then be moved into a small tupperware but definitely store them in the fridge as they melt fast!











Taaaa Daaaa



These really are yummy and you could be negative and say this is unhealthy due to the chocolate, but I like to think this is in fact a healthy way to eat chocolate because of the almonds :)



I hope you give these a go, if you do, make sure to tag me in your pictures on Instagram @greatestformofflatteryblog




KEEP SMILING




Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.