SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 23 August 2015

Lifestyle / Jane Austens House Museum, Chawton.



I'm a Janeite and proud



A highlight of my Summer so far has been going to Jane Austen's House Museum in Chawton. I was extremely lucky to have been take there by my boyfriends family when I stayed over for a long weekend. It's been on my 'Jane Austen List of things to do' for a good few years and I am happy that I've finally been! Tom took along his fancy camera and took a ton of fab pictures, with my blog in mind, and I whittled them down to a few and still managed to create this photo heavy post! I could easily write an extremely long post to go with the many pictures but I didn't want to bore you with my love for Austen, so thought less was more for this post!







I was surprised with the house, I imagined it to be more like Pemberly in Pride and Prejudice, with a long drive way and a grand exterior. It was very subtle and plain from the outside and you wouldn't look twice unless there was the sign telling you it's 'Jane Austens House Museum'. However, the Garden and inside were filled to the brim with character and as we walked around I thought of Austen wondering about smelling the flowers, sitting by the window at her writing desk coming up with plots, schemes and many rejected marriage proposals. The highlight was definitely dressing up in the kitchen, Tom said he'd try on a bonnet to humour me but I think you'll agree he looks like he was loving it in the image above. I am a fan of any museum which allows you to try on replicas from the time, for children it makes the experience a lot more interactive and teaches them about what people of the period would wear and for me, well anything that makes me feel that bit closer to the Regency period is fabulous! There was a really great shop too which was a tad overwhelming with all the Mr Darcy themed things and I actually didn't buy anything, I know right I didn't buy anything! I will not shop, my purse is sealed. It's totally not like I came back home and checked out their online store.... 



If you get a little peckish opposite was a pub and coffee shop appropriately called Cassandras Cup which was really cute inside with a shabby chic feel and a great menu for gluten free chicas and chicos. Tea lovers will also be in their element with an entire menu just with flavoured teas, I believe Tom and his mummy went for apple and cinnamon which they both enjoyed.




I had a fabulous outting and I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know if you've visited Jane Austens House or anywhere else related to best author in the entire world :)






KEEP SMILING




Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.