SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 13 November 2019

Lifestyle | sewing station in a small space



When we moved to our new flat, and first time having an entire place to ourselves, I was so excited to see that we'd even have a spare room. It was decided that we'd have to pop a bed in here but we'd also have so much room for more. My hobby is sewing and crafting which definitely calls for a desk, so this spare room was the dream space for my creation station!


The desk was in my bedroom as a child and had been kept safe in the loft by my Dad! I know IKEA sell very similar designs.

Muji storage for embroidery threads with a sewing Polly Pocket toy for decoration. I had a lovely time organising these into colours! I also have a mug which I've used as a pen pot since I was a child.

Stationery drawer featuring the rug from Aldi

Arts & Craft drawer

Sewing & paint drawer

Underneath I kept some felt and fat quarters in a white straw basket. My sewing machine also lives here alongside wrapping paper and a wooden storage box which holds spare bedding etc for the bed in this room.

The star of the show is definitely my IKEA peg board. This is available in a variety of sizes and then you can pop on whatever you like e.g. pegs, shelves, pots etc.

I absolutely love having this space to be able to craft away! I am the type of person who likes to have my things on view to make it easier whilst working on a project, so the IKEA peg board was the perfect addition for me. It also adds a lot of colour and personality to the room, along with the acrylic Muji storage.


I hope this has shown you creative ways to store your art bits and bobs in a small space.


Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.