SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Beauty | Makeup Splurge vs Save



I'm a sucker for makeup, all the pretty packaging and sleek marketing gets me every time but it's got to the point where I am starting to see through the #fomo and I know what makeup my skin gets on with and what makeup I actually need and use. So I thought today I'd share with you what products I think are worth splurging for and which you can definitely save your pounds on.






Base Makeup Splurge

When it comes to base makeup we are covering your primer, concealer, foundation and setting powder and these are four vital steps to your look, especially if you have problematic or oily skin. I've tried many drugstore base products throughout my teenage years and if it didn't oxidize and turn me orange by 2pm, then I was sweating it off and waiting for my forthcoming breakout. Now that I've found products which work for me I know that I won't try anything else unless the brands go kaput and I'm forced to!


Eyeshadow Splurge

If I had told you my thoughts on this subject a few years ago I would have straight away said to save your money on eyeshadow but after trying multiple brands I can definitely see the difference between a real cheapy product and a high end eyeshadow. The high end shadows are buttery and blend-able whilst a lot of the cheaper ones are chalky, impossible to blend and have 0% colour pay off!


Mascara/eyeliner Save

Mascara and eyeliner is something that you should be dispensing of rather frequently for hygiene reasons, so you don't want to be spending too much money. There are plenty of great drugstore mascaras to choose from and I'm sure most eyeliners are pretty similar anyway! Look out for Magazines giving away free mascaras too!


Nail Varnish Save

You can find some fantastic nail varnishes in the drugstore which mean there's no reason to splurge on a designer version. As there are so many colours to choose from and now you can even buy gel polishes which don't need a UV lamp you can forgo your monthly nail appointment! Again,  magazines always seem to have nail varnish as a freebie! 


Lipsticks Save

The drugstore brands are constantly duping higher end products, it only takes a quick search on bloglovin and you'll be able to find a post showing you all the dupes, so you'll find that Mac lipstick you've always wanted but for half the price! 




I hope you found my tips helpful and they'll stay in your mind next time you're makeup shopping!



KEEP SMILING




2 comments :

  1. Ahh such great tips! I love finding dupes for high end brands, it's so amazing when you find a drugstore gem that really works :D I have a drugstore foundation but really want to go high end, I love Too Faced Born this Way but it's so expensive for me haha! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, I'm pleased you enjoyed it! I love It Cosmetics CC+ Cream!!!!

      Delete

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.