SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 4 March 2018

Lifestyle | SimplyCook Recipe Review



Having food boxes delivered to your house definitely has become the 'it' way to cook, it's a fantastic way to try out new easy to follow recipes for a reasonable price, whilst saving you time as you don't have to waste your evenings planning your dinner or going food shopping and it also reduces the chance of impulse purchases at the supermarket! 




SimplyCook allows you to pick 4 recipes and they send you a box with all the spices/herbs/infused oils/pastes/stocks and garnishes you'll need for each recipe, in addition to this they include easy to follow recipe cards and your shopping list. You'll only ever have to buy 4-6 fresh items to make your meal and you can always double up to make the recipe feed more or to have left overs. The boxes are £9.99 and will arrive 4 days after being ordered straight through your letterbox!





The recipe which intrigued me the most was this South Indian Salmon with Roasted Cauliflower and Potato and for this recipe I had to buy the following (Sainsbury's prices);

Cauliflower £1
Potatoes £1
2 salmon fillets £4.00
Shallot £0.17
Double Cream £0.70
Spinach £0.90

Total - £7.77 and I still have tons of potatoes and cauliflower left for future meals.


There were 4 easy steps to follow to make this yummy meal and let me tell you my cooking skill are as limited as they could possible be and I found this so easy to understand.






This meal had two spices and one sauce, having them ready in the pots saved a ton of times and money.





And here we have it my finished meal! I am pleasantly surprised with how similar it looks to the image on the recipe card! The meal had a little kick to it and the sauce was so delicious, it was a really filling and hearty dinner! 


It was a fun and easy way to make an impressive meal, good enough to serve at a dinner party, and I felt rather pleased with myself to have made this supper, so I'm enthusiastic to make the other recipes in this box! (In fact I have now also made the Thai Green Curry) I'd love to know if any of you are subscribed to SimplyCook and what your favourite recipes are.



KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.