SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 1 December 2017

Beauty | Gigi Hadid x Maybelline / What's hot, what's not?!



Maybe she's born with it? Or maybe it's Maybelline? I am sure we are all hoping Gigi Hadid's Maybelline collaboration will help give us an effortless natural glow! There has been a lot of celebrity make up ranges, we've seen Kylie's lip kits go viral, Rhianna's Fenty makeup take the blogger world by storm and then all of the smaller drugstore collaborations fly off the shelves, yet this is the first celeb collaboration which I've wanted to try.

Gigi Hadid is the epitome of natural, glowy city chic make-up. She looks effortlessly cool and her hair is just casually coiffed on the daily, she's the ultimate preppy It Girl which is confirmed by Tommy Hilfiger collaborating with her for the third time! So now I am done fangirling, let's move onto her Limited Edition Maybelline collection.




The Gigi Hadid x Maybelline collaboration includes 27 products which are split into three collections.

East Coast Glam 

Three natural shades of lipsticks and liners,  fibre mascara, strobing liquid, tinted moisturiser, contour eye palette and gel eyeliner.

West Coast Glow

Three red shades of lipsticks and liners, lash sensational mascara, tinted primer, strobing liquid, eyeshadow palette, two brushes and liquid eyeliner.

Jet Setter Palette

One palette which has everything you need to create a full face make-up.


I spent my sweet time in Boots swatching everything on offer and I decided to try a lipstick, liner and fibre mascara. I honestly was just going to try the lipstick and mascara but it was by 3 get 1 free and also when getting 3 you got a free make-up bag so I thought it would be nice to have the lip liner to try with the lipstick too. I didn't like the eyeshadow palettes or the jet setter palette, the colours were very basic or incredibly glittery. So the stand out products were definitely the lipsticks, lip liners, mascaras and eyeliners.


Matte Lipstick £8.99 LINK
Matte Lipliner £5.99 LINK




The colour I chose is called Taura and is actually the perfect your lip but better colour, it's a lighter and paler version of Mac Velvet Teddy. It has a matte finish but it's so moisturising and doesn't cling to any dry patches. The lip liner is the same colour but it does apply slightly darker and it's incredibly smooth to apply, Gigi recommends applying the lipstick first and then using the liner to refine the shape of your lips. After reading a few interviews with her she said Taura is her favourite colour from the range, so you know we are basically besties already.



Fiber Mascara £11.99 LINK




Next up is the fibre mascara which is in the most beautiful holographic box. I love fibre mascaras as they make your lashes look amazingly long, they do take that bit longer to apply though. For this mascara you have to apply mascara first, then the fibres and then another layer of mascara. I did  read around and someone wrote how they applied the fibres first to their naked lashes and they dropped into her eyes and hurt a lot, so don't try and short cut it with this product! 


This mascara creates a very subtle and natural difference to your lashes, they definitely look slightly longer but it's not like my other fibre mascara (L'Oreal Superstar X Fibre) which makes you look like you're wearing false lashes. I am happy to use this as it creates a pretty look but I wouldn't re-purchase it.



Overall I am really impressed with this collaboration and there are some really lovely products to try, especially the lipsticks and liners. The packaging is gorgeous, it looks incredibly high end and not like a drugstore collection. I'd love to know what you think of this collection and if you've tried anything?!



KEEP SMILING


Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.