SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Lifestyle | Deliciously Ella Roast Veg & Chick Pea Stew



I am really not much of a cook, actually to be honest, I am not a cook. However, I like to eat yummy food and I enjoy reading recipes and thinking about how nice it would be if I could cook them! My mum sent me across a very yummy looking Deliciously Ella recipe and for once I actually understood the instructions and thought this was my time to cook and succeed. So as it went so swimmingly and it was very tasty I thought I'd pass the recipe on to you!





Ingredients

2 sliced courgettes
1 sliced aubergine
1 chopped red onion
3 chopped garlic cloves
1 can of drained chick peas
2 can tinned tomatoes
2 tablespoon puree tomato
1 tablespoon of honey
(pinch of chilli flakes)







First step is to pre-heat your oven to 180. Now it's time to prep all your veg, this part took me 30 mins but I assume with practise I'll be able to cut this time in half! Pop your chopped courgettes, aubergine, red onion, 3 chopped garlic cloves and one tin of drained chick peas onto a baking tray. Rub olive oil into the vegetables and mix them well. 

This can now be popped into the oven for 35 minutes. (I put a timer on for 25 minutes as that's when I needed to start cooking the sauce)






To get the sauce ready you need to empty two tins of tomatoes, two tablespoons of tomato puree and one tablespoon of honey into a saucepan and mix well. Ella also suggests adding chilli flakes but I decided to leave this out.

Bring this sauce to boil and them simmer for 10-15 minutes.




All the yummy roasted veg after being cooked for 35 minutes.




Mix the veg and sauce together well.





I served mine with flat bread for a light and comforting meal, Ella suggests serving with quinoa. This really was so easy to make and it makes a delicious, healthy, wintery stew.



Here is her recipe which is probably a lot easier to follow than how I wrote it! RECIPE . Let me know if you give this a go and what other recipes of Ella's you recommend! 


KEEP SMILING





Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.