SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 13 January 2019

Lifestyle | Marie Kondo made me do it



I am sure like many of you I found myself watching 'Tidying up with Marie Kondu' on Netflix and by the time the first episode had finished I had tidied the desk I was sat by without even realising. 






I then went on to spend the next day making a mountain of clothes on my bed to sort through, I thanked and said bye to a few and folded the rest into perfect thirds, ensuring they could stand up, before popping them back into my drawer in colour order. Even my underwear is now folded and standing up. I didn't get rid of too many things but just by folding all of my belongings correctly I managed to clear two drawers.

When my bf came home that night he walked in the room and said how it felt bigger and more open and I hadn't even told him how I had sorted the drawers and visibly nothing else had changed in the room. 

The next day, I woke up all of my books by tapping on the covers and held them up individually to see which sparked joy in me and then went ahead and thanked the ones I no longer felt connected to. All I have left to do is paperwork and using boxes to organise my 'random' stationery drawer and the kitchen drawers and I'm really looking forward to getting the time to do just that!

Kondo's show reminds me of Supernanny but she's there to sort the house not scream at the children, although in some of the episodes I wish she had screamed at some of the children! It does get rather repetitive from episode 3 as the steps she follows are exactly the same, even if the peoples stories differ. It's a great show to have on in the background to watch a few episodes to understand Kondo's cleaning method, without having to buy her book, but I don't think I'll be watching another series. 

I don't know if I feel good because this technique has changed the energy (chi) in my room or because I've always enjoyed having a good old clear out as I find it relaxes me when I'm stressed, but whatever it is I am very happy that Marie Kondo's show gave me a nudge of encouragement to get on with it!





Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.