SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Beauty | Fenty Beauty Invisimatte Powder & Portable Touch up Brush Review



The first beauty product review of 2019 is featuring Fenty Beauty, which is really exciting as it's a brand I've never used even used before! I purchased their Invisimatte powder and portable brush in November 2018 so I've been using it for 2 and half months and here are my thinky thoughts.....




Invisimatte Powder - £24 - LINK / Brush - £19 - LINK


So let's talk packaging - I'm a fan! I love the magnetic brush and that honestly sold it to me, as a friend at college has one and is constantly taking it out and being able to see how the brush fits so neatly onto the compact was very satisfying! As this is definitely a portable product and one you'd only use throughout the day for touch ups I think the case of the compact could have been a bit less bulky so it was able to fit into a variety of handbags, as when I use my smaller bags I've had to choose between taking this or taking my purse.... (first world problem right there). 

The compact is £24 which is an average price for high-end makeup and can be justified. However, the portable brush was £19 - other than the really cool addition of it being magnetised the brush isn't all that special and doesn't warrant the price tag - but we can talk more about that later!




This is 'a universal blotting powder that absorbs shine and diffuses the looks of pores' (Harvey Nichols). You simply just blot your shine away and let me tell you, it does work! The motion of blotting is key here as if you swipe even a little you shift what's left of your melting foundation and it creates a patchy finish. it says it isn't cakey but I do find if you're applying this powder multiple times it does look heavy around the nose and forehead (this could just be as this is where my skin is driest). 





So you already know I think the brush is overpriced but I bought it and so should you ! It's so unbelievably handy to have the entire compact together, not to forget this brush is way more hygienic then chucking in a 'normal' brush into your bag. The size and pointed edge of the brush is good for blotting small areas of the face but the actual brush isn't as soft as I'd like it to be!




Let me know if you've given this a go, or any other Fenty Beauty products?!




Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.