SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Beauty | Hair-care Routine for Thick mid length hair ~ Wash, dry & style


I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to hair-care, I have mid-length, thick hair which grows like nobodies business and I've never had it dyed. I probably get it cut twice a year max but when I do, the hairdressers always say that my hair is in good condition, so I thought I'd share the very small amount of products I'm using on my hair at the moment! 



Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo £3.99 LINK |Garnier Ultimate Blends Conditioner £3.99 LINK | Tangle Teezer £11 LINK

Wash

When it comes to washing my hair I'm not overly loyal to a brand, I look out for products which are good for sensitive skin and smell nice! I was using The Body Shop's banana shampoo but at £6 a bottle it's a bit over my budget at the moment. Recently I started using Paraben-free Garnier Ultimate Blends shampoo and conditioner in Delicate Oat. Firstly it smells amazing, really comforting! And secondly it's great for sensitive skin as oat milk is a natural cleanser with anti-inflammatory powers. At £3.99 they're still quite pricey but I managed to find mine in Savers for half the price and as I am writing this they're currently half price in Superdrug too! Once I've put conditioner on the ends of my hair I use the Tangle Teezer to brush my hair, this makes it smooth and gets rid of all the knots, so when it comes to drying and styling my hair it takes half the amount of time. I've written an entire post about my Tangle Teezer so make sure to check it out. I wash my hair around three times a week, sometimes more if I have an arrangement etc.



ghd Final Fix Hairspray £8.49 LINK |Josh Wood Hair Oil LINK

Dry

If I have time to let my hair air dry I will always opt to do that as I find drying my hair a draining task! If I don't have the time then I just rough dry it with a hairdryer. I then straighten my hair with ghd's (which stands for good hair day, I know, mind blown). I only straighten my hair after washing it and even then not every single time so on average I straighten my hair twice a week. I have just seen that Garnier have a heat protective spray in the same delicate oat range so that may be something I'll add to my routine. I then use a hair oil on the ends of my hair and if I'm done I'll spray with some hairspray, If I'm going to braid it etc then I'd spray the hairspray after. Again, I'm not loyal to a hair oil or hairspray brand yet and I was very lucky to be sent both of these and as I like them I'm happily using them! 



Tangle Teezer £15.00 LINK | Invisibobble £4.49 LINK | Scunci 2mm Silicone Elastic £3.20 LINK

Style

When it comes to styling my hair I normally opt for one of four style, straightened and left down, ponytail, braids (fishtails/french braids) or half up and half down. All of these styles require a good brush to smooth my hair and make it easy to manage and my Tangle Teezer brush is the best thing for the job, I also featured this brush in my Tangle Teezer post so make sure to check that out to find out more about it. Then when it comes to putting my hair up I use bands which are gentle for your hair and don't leave kinks. The hair ties are a little pricey but the Invisibobbles do last ages and they're plenty of brands who have created their own now and are a bit cheaper and I managed to find the other bands in Primark for £1 as they had a sale for all of their Scunci products.



There we are that's my hair-care routine in a nutshell! I hope you enjoyed reading this and finding out how I look after my hair and keep it clean with minimal effort.



KEEP SMILING


Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.