SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 5 December 2018

XMAS | How to make your room Christmassy on a budget



I currently rent with my boyfriend and I love putting my own stamp on a place, which is difficult to do when you rent, so when it comes to Christmas you have to be a little bit savvy with how you decorate. We also don't want to spend a fortune on fancy decorations as they'll probably not end up being our 'forever decorations', but at the same time I want them to look pretty and homely and mission accomplished, if I do say so myself!








The piece de resistance is of course the Tree and this 3ft one if from Asda, it's just big enough to have enough room to add lots of decoration but also small enough that it doesn't get in the way in the room!  The star at the top and the glittery ballerina are also from Asda. Next, the donut, cactus, burger, astronaut, candy cane and candy floss machine are all from Primark and were £1.50 each, I am still really hoping that they bring out an Avocado one! The pink lights are also a Primark find and were £1. The personalised ones are from PoundLand last year and hence were £1 each. Finally the little baubles and the multicoloured tinsel is from Paperchase. We then also wrapped some silver tinsel, which we've had for a good few years around the pole for the lamp.  The tree is on a fluffy table place mat which I bought in TKMaxx a good 2 years ago to use as a blog background and I thought it made the tree look cosier.







On the back of our en-suite we have a door mirror and I just placed another silver tinsel we've had for ages around the edges just to add some more Christmas magic!







On our chest of drawers I've put a tiny tree from Paperchase and decorated it with the same multicoloured baubles which are on the big tree, also from Paperchase, the lights are from Poundland.






Tom bought this sign last year and we just popped it back up on the wall, we think it was a Poundland find too, but honestly these are everywhere at the moment. Next to it there are more fairy lights which are also from Poundland, but I have these up all year round.





On the window there are yet more fairy lights which look like little sugared red currents which creates a warmer glow than some of the other lights, and you guessed it, they're from Poundland!





Finally my bedside table has a tiny tree which I made last year from a kit from Tiger - it's just a polystyrene tree and I wrapped it in tinsel and kept it in place with pom poms which have pins through them. There's also another Christmassy spiced apple scented candle (£1.50 - Sainsbury) and a tiny lego gingerbread man figure which we got for free last year.




I hope you like how we've decorated our room for Xmas and it's given you a few ideas! 




KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.