SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Beauty | Glossier Boy Brow vs Benefit Gimme Brow



Two cult products, in the right corner we have Glossier Boy Brow and in the left corner we have Benefit Gimme Brow. Both products promise to enhance your brows making them fuller and more defined with a quick swipe and as someone who isn't blessed like Cara Delevingne in the brow department I am all for a product which will quickly create the illusion of thick and luscious brows. I've used Gimme Brow on and off for a good few years and I've used Boy Brow for around a month and here are my thinky thoughts!




Benefit Gimme Brow (1)
 LINK £20.50 3 shades

Gimme brow+ tinted eyebrow gel contains tiny microfibers that adhere to skin & hairs, creating natural-looking fullness and definition. The custom tiny, tapered brush provides easy, mess-proof application. Poof...fuller-looking brows magically appear!



Glossier Boy Brow (blonde)

LINK £14 4 shades 

All brow needs have been considered to create THE brow product: one to thicken, fill in, and groom brows into place. The creamy wax formula is inspired by traditional hair pomade for soft, flexible hold that doesn’t stiffen or flake. 




So before we get into the actual product it would be rude to not chat about the packaging! They seem to be the same size although looking at the measurements Boy Brow has 0.12 net wt (whatever that means) more. Both of the packaging is quite minimalist and I neither love nor hate one or the other, although I probably prefer the Gimme Brow. This product is obviously very similar to a mascara so I think it would be great if it could come in the same size as a mascara! Boy Brow is a very reasonable £14, whilst Gimme Brow is a little pricier at £20.50. The wands are basically the same size too and the tiny brushes are perfect for swiping through your brows.

I use the Gimme Brow in 1 and Boy Brow in Blonde which are the two lightest shades available. The Gimme Brow has tiny fibres in which is really handy if like me you don't have a lot of brow hairs to start with. The fibres cling to my brows and make my brows look a lot thicker and bushier and it also keeps my brows in place. Gimme Brow's consistency is a lot thinner and runnier and although it does give a good colour to my brows it doesn't make them look fuller and it doesn't shape the hairs as well. When I use either of them I have to go in after with a powder or pencil to make the shape a bit sharper and add a few more 'hairs' near the outer edge of my brows.





So overall my favourite is the Benefit Gimme Brow as it makes my brows look so much thicker and is a fantastic colour, I highly recommend using this if you have sparse brows. So even though this is more expensive I'd rather repurchase this. Boy Brow seems to be a winner for the gal who already has perfect brows and just wants to quickly groom them!


Let me know which one is your favourite or if you use another brand altogether!



KEEP SMILING 



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.