SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Lifestyle | How to wrap a wedding gift beautifully



This April I am off to a wedding and I haven't been to one since I was a child (and was a bridesmaid), so I am rather excited! I also love any excuse to go gift shopping and then spend a relaxing afternoon wrapping the gifts. So I thought I'd share with you how I decided to wrap this wedding gift and hopefully it shall give you some creative ideas! 





Before we get to the wrapping stage think of the shape of your gift, if it's a strange shape then perhaps pop it into a gift box so it's easier to wrap.

Of course the wrapping paper is the main part of the wrapping process and I went for this fun 'bring out the prosecco' paper from Paperchase. For better quality paper choose a sheet instead of buying a roll as they tend to look and feel more luxurious.




A ribbon is vital around every gift! I chose this white one with a gold trim as it's very bridal. This ribbon was in a pack of three from Paperchase Christmas range.




It's time to add some shine and this year I've been loving using present toppers. It's definitely a pricier way of wrapping a gift, so think if the person you're giving it to is either the sentimental kind that will keep all the little knick-kacks or the kind who will rip it open and chuck it all away! I used these disco balls from, yes you guessed it, Paperchase and a little silver glitter bell from Sainsburys. 




I then slipped a little postcard underneath the ribbon which has a gorgeous vintage print of a boy and girl and I wrote the couples names underneath. This postcard again was a Paperchase find, they have a huge variety to choose from and are a cute way to make your gift look that little bit more special. If you're also not wanting to write a card you could actually use it as a postcard and write a short message on it.




I am assuming they'll be a lot of gifts given so just in case the card gets removed from the gift I've added a tiny luggage tag saying who got it!




There we are, that's the gift all wrapped up, with the amount of ribbon and decorations it will take awhile for them to actually get to see what's inside! I also popped it inside a gift bag (which you can see in the first photograph) from Sainsburys and I've got a lovely card from Oliver Bonas.


I hope you enjoyed this post and have some creative ideas on how to wrap your gifts!


KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.